Delaware – New Castle County Plumber Contractor Bond
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Licensing of Plumbers – New Castle County, Delaware
In addition to meeting other state and local requirements, plumbers who are working in New Castle County, Delaware, are required to furnish evidence of proof of purchase of a $10,000 surety bond.
Our agency’s goal for you is to make the purchase of your bond as quick and easy as possible.
Your bond has an annual term which statutorily runs from January 1st through December 31st. What we discuss here, however, assumes a full one year term.
Qualifying and the Premium
You are automatically approved for the $10,000 New Castle County plumber contractor surety bond. There is no credit check.
When you call us, we’ll ask you a few very basic questions before taking the premium payment and issuing your bond. These are:
- The name, exactly as it should appear on your surety bond, along with your address, phone number, and email address;
- We’ll also request your title (i.e. Owner, CEO, etc.)
After payment of the $100, your bond along with a Power of Attorney (POA) form are issued to you. Upon receipt in the mail, you’ll sign your bond as Principal and then file it to:
New Castle County Dept. of Land Use
87 Reads Way
New Castle, DE 19720
Premium Prepayment Options
The option exists to prepay your bond up to 3 years rather than renew it annually. This offers you a savings over renewing each year, besides lengthening the interval between renewal of your premium.
The premium prepayment options and savings are as follows:
- If prepaid for 2 years, the premium is $180, a $20 savings;
- If prepaid for 3 years, the premium is $260, a $40 savings.
Purpose of Your Surety Bond Requirement
The purpose of your County contractor bond is to server as a financial guarantee that you will:
- Comply with all plumber contracting rules and correct any violations of the New Castle County Code;
- Pay any fees, penalties, and charges assessed by the County;
- Hold harmless county employees from all liability.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds provides contractor license and permit surety bonds throughout all of Delaware.
Our agency is also a provider and aggregator of license and permit, court, probate, and other fiduciary bonds in Delaware and nationwide.
Please call us today at:
Or, you may fill out the form below and a Surety Agent will contact you…