Arizona Contractor License Bond
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
AmeriPro Surety Bonds:
AmeriPro Surety Bonds provides a brief overview of some of what is required to obtain your Arizona contractor license and surety bond.
Our job is to help you get the surety bond you need at the best pricing.
Qualifying and the Premium
The thing to know about the Arizona contractor bond is that applying will include a credit check as part of the underwriting process. If approved, you may pay anywhere between 1 1/2% of the bond’s amount or 2%. This amount will not be determined by your credit, but by the type of contractor bond.
Our agency only provides this bond for persons with good credit, so beforehand we can tell you that upon approval, your premium will be ‘x-amount.’
Once your contractor surety bond is approved and the premium paid, we issue your surety bond to you immediately. Upon receipt, you’ll sign your bond as Principal, and file it with the other documents sent by our agency (typically at least a Power of Attorney form).
Depending upon which avenue of contracting is chosen, licensed Arizona contractors must serve an apprenticeship or have between 0 (i.e., minor home repairs) to 4 years of prior experience.
They also undergo a qualifying examination.
Background checks for Arizona contractors
Applicants for an Arizona contractor license must undergo a background check.
Applicants may be disqualified for an Arizona contractor license if they have any felony or misdemeanor convictions (and this list is by no means all-encompassing):
- Credit card fraud or forgery
- Sexual crimes
Arizona Contractor Application Fees:
Total application fees are as follows by contracting specialty (these fees include the application and licensing amounts):
- General Commercial: $780;
- Specialty Commercial: $580;
- General Residential: $870;
- Specialty Residential: $720;
- General Dual: $1050;
- Specialty Dual: $850
Renewal fees are as follows:
- General Commercial: $580
- Specialty Commercial: $480
- General Residential: $590
- Specialty Residential: $540
- General Dual: $750
- Specialty Dual: $650
Arizona Contractors: Surety Bond Amount Required
The surety bond amount required of Arizona contractors will depend on the contracting specialty and the dollar value of the work completed within the state of Arizona.
Residential General Contractors:
If under $750,000, the bond amount is $9,000; if over $750,000, the bond amount is $15,000
Residential Specialty Contractors:
- If less than $375,000, the bond amount is $4,250.
- If over $375,000, the bond amount is $9,000.
Commercial General Contractors:
- $150,000 or less: Surety Bond Amount is $5,000
- Greater than $150,000, but no more than $500,000: Surety Bond Amount is $15,000
- Greater than $500,000, but no more than $1,000,000: Surety Bond Amount is $25,000
- Greater than $1,000,000, but not more than $5,000,000: Surety Bond Amount is $50,000
- More than $5,000,000, but not more than $10,000,000: Surety Bond Amount is $75,000
- Over $10,000,000: Surety Bond Amount is $100,000.
Commercial Specialty Contractors:
- $150,000 or less: Surety Bond Amount is $2,500
- Greater than $150,000 but not more than $500,000: Surety Bond Amount is $7,000
- More than $500,000 but not more than $1,000,000: Surety Bond Amount is $17,500
- More than $1,000,000 but not more than $5,000,000: Surety Bond Amount is $25,000
- More than $5,000,000 but not more than $10,000,000: Surety Bond Amount is $37,500
- Over $10,000,000: Surety Bond Amount is $50,000
Applicants for a dual license will merely need to combine the bond amounts.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bonds only agency which provides contractor-related bonds in all 50 states.
We also provide license and permit bonds nationwide. Please call us today at:
Or, you may fill out the form below and an agent will contact you…