AZ Ignition Interlock Installer Bond |
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Arizona Ignition Interlock Installer
An Arizona ignition interlock installer is one who, for a fee, installs approved devices which require drivers of automobiles to first provide breath samples before operating a motor vehicle.The requirement, of course, is to prevent the driver from driving and/or operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol.
Ignition interlock installers fall under the jurisdiction of the Arizona Department of Transportation, Motor Vehicle Division.
Arizona Ignition Interlock Installer Bond
Applicants for the Arizona ignition interlock installer license are required to purchase a $200,000 surety bond. Applicants will need to have very good credit, and be able to provide a financial statement (or tax return) that shows a healthy financial condition. If you are approved for this bond, the premium will be 1%, $2000 annually.
The bond is issued for a standard one year period, thereafter the bond renews.
Our agency will only be able to provide a surety bond to those applicants who meet the above conditions.
Becoming an Arizona Ignition Interlock Installer
To become a licensed Arizona ignition interlock installer, one must first be appointed by a manufacturer of the device as an installer. In addition, an application, which will also need to be notarized by a representative of a manufacturing company, must be completed.
A copy of the AZ ignition interlock installer application is provided for your consideration.
Working as an Ignition Installer: Some responsibilities:
During the course of duties as an ignition installer, in addition to adding the device to a motor vehicle, installers will also need to provide consumers the following:
- Information on how to operate the device;
- Information on how the reset feature of the interlock works;
- Advising the customer that the device can only be removed by a licensed installer;
- What the penalties are for attempting to remove, disable, or tamper with the system;
- Advising the customer that if a customer fails to show up for an “accuracy test”, that within 72 hours, the vehicle will not start.
Where to File the Arizona Ignition Interlock Installer Bond
Once you have received the bond from AmeriPro Surety Bonds, you will need to have the bond filed at the following address:
Arizona Department of Transportation
Motor Vehicle Division
Ignition Interlock Program
1801 W. Jefferson Street, MD530M
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Cost of the Surety Bond
The Arizona ignition interlock bond was formerly a $25,000 surety bond; it is now a $200,000 surety bond as of the summer of 2018.
Consequently, the application process will involve information relating to financial standing in addition to a credit check. Applicants may pay as little as 1% for the bond premium; however, the amount required will be determined by information provided in the application.
Applicants may be asked to provide information on the following:
- Cash on hand (in checking and savings accounts);
- Investments, including stocks, bonds, 401k’s, certificates of deposits, annuities, etc., as also their current market value and where the securities are held;
- Information about real property owned either individually or jointly;
- Your annual or monthly income and the source of that income;
- Whether you have any unsatisfied judgments, tax liens, or an active bankruptcy
About AmeriPro Surety Bonds:
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bonds-only agency which provides license and permit, contractor, court, and fiduciary bonds throughout Arizona.
Our agency also has the capacity to offer surety bonds on a nationwide level.