California Professional Club and Promoter’s Bond
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
The California State Athletic Commission requires promoters of:
- Professional boxing;
- Amateur kickboxing;
- and Professional MMA
to obtain a surety bond of:
- at least $1000 if you are an amateur promoter;
- OR, at least $50,000 if you are a professional promoter.
The Commission provides a pdf file of all licensing requirements. Some may refer to this bond as a California athlete agent bond.
Qualifying and the Premium
Applicants for a $50,000 + California professional club and promoter’s surety bond will need to:
- Complete and sign a surety bond application. Our agency will walk you through the application if you’d like. Applying is easy. You’ll need to sign the application and have it witnessed; but your application does not need to be notarized;
- Undergo an underwriter review. This review includes a credit check inquiry.
To be approved, good credit is required. The rate is 1%, annually, or $500. Higher amounts, if applicable to you, are also at 1% of your bond amount.
Applicants for the $1000 surety bond amount will call us and we’ll take the application from you over the phone. There is no credit check for this amount, and the premium is $100 annually.
For either bond amounts, once you are approved and the premium is paid, your bond is issued to you immediately.
In the mail, you’ll receiver your bond notarized by us as Surety, and a Power of Attorney form. Before filing it the state of California, you’ll sign your bond as Principal. The filing address is:
California State Athletic Commission
2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 210
Sacramento, CA 95815
Purpose of Your Surety Bond
Your CA athletic promoter surety bond is a financial guarantee of your compliance with the following sections of the Business and Professions Code:
- Section 18680, which includes the cancellation of a sporting event without good cause; and Section 18684, which deals with payment of all taxes and fines owed in connection with professional club/promoter license, as amended.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bonds-only license which provides license and permit, court, and other surety bonds in California and all 50 states.
Please call our agency today at:
Or, you may fill out the form below and a Surety Agent will contact you..