Florida Talent Agency Bond / Talent Agent Bond | AmeriPro Surety Bonds
Florida Talent Agencies
Florida talent agents are regulated by the state’s Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations (DBPR).
The laws governing talent agents in the state are found:
- Under 468.412 of the Florida state statutes;
- Chapter 455, which are additional statutes;
- and Chapter 61-19 of the Florida Administrative Code.
Additionally, as a prerequisite for licensing, you as a talent agent or agency must post a $5000 surety bond with the DBPR.
Florida Talent Agency Bond: Purpose
The purpose of the Florida talent agency bond is to protect others from harm.
More specifically, the Florida talent agency bond protects your customers from any acts of theft, fraud, or criminal deception that a talent agent may commit in the performance of his or her profession.
Thus, the bond acts as a financial guarantee that the Florida talent agent will abide by all state statutes governing talent agencies.
Florida Talent Agency Bond: Amount and Premium
The amount of the Florida talent agency bond refers to the bond’s face value.
The premium, or cost of the bond, refers to the amount you pay to obtain it.
The Florida talent agency surety bond is a $5000 surety bond which costs just $100.00, under the vast majority of circumstances.
The application to qualify for the bond is quick and AmeriPro Surety Bonds will take the information from you directly over the phone when you call.
Florida Talent Agency Bond: Duration
The bond once purchased is good for one year from the effective date.
You should note that both the license and bond should have dates which are concurrent so as to avoid any lapse in bond coverage. Our agency can assist you with this.
The talent agent bond is renewed annually for as long as you are conducting talent agent business in the state of Florida.
Becoming a Talent Agent in Florida
Beyond just the surety bond requirement, if you are new to licensing, you will be required to:
- Have at least one year of related talent agency experience;
- Complete the application for a talent agent license and include the appropriate fee amount, which may change depending on the which year (even or odd year) you apply. Applications may be completed online or by mail.
- Provide fingerprints, which will be used as a part of a background check;
- If you are formed as a corporation, LLC, or partnership, you will want to be sure that your name is registered exactly as such on the application you provide.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds
AmeriPro Surety Bonds will handle all of your surety bond needs.
We are a surety bond-only agency which provides license and permit, contractor, court, and fiduciary bonds throughout all of Florida.
Request a Callback