Indiana Medicaid Transportation Provider Bond
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Surety Bond for Transportation Providers and Its Purpose
The Indiana Family and Social Services Administration, Office of Medicaid Policy and Planning, requires Medicaid transportation providers to obtain a surety bond of at least $50,000.
This transportation surety bond is also issued for a period of at least 3 years.
The purpose of this surety bond requirement is to protect the Office of Medicaid Policy and Planning (OMPP) in case of a duplicate, erroneous or false Medicaid claim paid the OMPP or its agent during the time in which your surety bond is active.
The OMPP provides a pdf file, explaining the surety bond requirement in great detail. Our surety bond is compliant with all of the stated requirements.
We will need you to provide us with the surety bond amount required of you.
Qualifying and the Premium
Qualifying for the Indiana medicaid transportation provider bond includes completing an application which, we’ll take from you over the phone.
Upon approval and before the purchase of your surety bond, you will then sign the Indemnity Agreement.
During the application process, we’ll ask of you the following:
- The amount of your medicaid transportation surety bond required;
- The Company name, and physical address of your business, as it should appear on the bond;
- The number of years you have been a business entity and the number of years you have experience in medicaid transportation, if applicable;
- Your business’s Federal Tax Id, if available;
- We’ll then ask for your name, Social Security Number, and address;
- And, we’ll ask if you have any pending lawsuits, judgments, or claims against you.
- We’ll then need to know if you have a surety bond canceled, refused on a renewal, or denied for any person with more than 20% ownership in the corporation;
- If there are additional Principals in your business, we’ll need their information as well.
After a review from our underwriter, we’ll be able to offer you terms. The amount of your premium will be based on the following:
- The amount of surety required;
- The term of issuance (at least 3 years);
- Your credit score.
Upon approval of your bond, signing the Indemnity Agreement (which we’ll email to you), and payment of the premium, your bond is issued to you immediately for filing.
Where to file:
The application and surety bond may be filed to:
Provider Enrollment Unit
P.O. Box 7263
Indianapolis, IN 46207-7263
However, it is a good idea to check with the Provider Department to verify.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bonds-only agency. We provide license and permit, court, probate, and other surety bonds in Indiana and all 50 states.
Please call our agency today at:
Or, you may fill out our Contact form and a Surety Agent will contact you.