Louisiana Public License Tag Agent Bond
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Louisiana public license tag agencies are engaged in the business of:
- Collecting registration license taxes;
- Collecting related sales and use taxes;
- Issuing registration certificates;
- Processing duplicate certificate of titles;
- Recording liens;
- Plate transfers;
- Replacement of lost or stolen plates
Public tag agencies are also required to post a surety bond in one of two amounts:
- $100,000 surety bond, if you have one location for your tag agency;
- $125,000 surety bond, if you have more than one location in Louisiana.
The Department of Public Safety Office of Motor Vehicles is the licensing entity for tag agencies.
Qualifying and the Estimated Premium
Applicants for the Louisiana public license tag agent bond will first need to provide our agency with the surety bond amount required.
An application for this surety bond can be taken over the phone. Good credit will be required to qualify either of the two surety bonds.
For both surety bonds, the estimated premium will be about 1%, for a full year term. If the bond is purchased within a calendar year, the premium may be prorated as to the premium for the bond.
Surety Bond Duration
Your tag agent surety bond will renew on an annual basis. At the time of the renewal, there will be another credit check. Surety agencies utilize “soft” credit inquiries which will not adversely affect your underlying credit score.
The Purpose of Your Surety Bond Requirement
As stated by legal statute regulating public tag agencies, the purpose of this surety bond is to serve as a financial guarantee that you will:
- file in a timely manner all applications submitted to you to the motor vehicle department;
- file all taxes and fees.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bonds-only agency. We provide license and permit surety bonds throughout all of Louisiana and nationwide.
Please call our agency today:
Or, you may fill out the form below and an agent will call you…