Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Repair Shop Bond
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Repair Shops – Massachusetts
Motor vehicle repair shops anywhere in Massachusetts are required to be licensed by the Commonwealth.
Evidence of a surety bond is also required to be filed. AmeriPro Surety Bonds provides you with this surety bond as both a new (first time) and renewal surety bond.
Amount of Surety Bond Required and the Premium
The Massachusetts motor vehicle repair shop bond is a $10,000 surety bond required of all such repair shops operating in the state.
Applicants for the repair shop bond will likely the following prices for this surety bond:
- $100 if paid for one year;
- $180 if prepaid for 2 years;
- $260 if prepaid for 3 years.
Additionally, there is no credit check involved for this bond; it is an “instant issue” surety. This means that after the completion of an application and payment of the premium, the bond is issue to you immediately.
The Bond’s Duration
The Massachusetts motor vehicle repair shop bond is active for one year from the date of issuance, unless the bond is issued for a period of 2 or 3 years.
An active, current surety bond must always be on file with the Commonwealth’s Division of Standards as a condition of licensing.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts will only accept original copies of your surety bond; emailed or faxed copies are unacceptable.
Purpose of the Surety Bond Requirement:
While this surety bond is required of your motor vehicle repair shop, it is not an insurance policy. The bond is required to protect residents of the Commonwealth.
Specifically, the bond has 3 purposes:
- The Massachusetts motor vehicle repair shop surety bond is required to ensure your compliance with Chapter 100 of the state legislature, which is the body of laws regulating repair shops;
- The surety bond is also required to ensure your compliance with any fines or fees levied for failing to comply with any provisions of the law;
- Finally, the bond is also required to ensure you payment of any judgments received in connection with the operation of your vehicle repair shop.
The wording regarding this coverage, again for others, is found in the surety bond itself.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bonds-only agency. We provide license and permit, contractor, court, and fiduciary surety bonds throughout Massachusetts.
Our agency also provides surety bonds nationwide.
Please call us today. We can be reached at the following contact number:
Or, you may fill out the form below and an agent will call you.