Michigan Employment Agency Bond |
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Updated Information July 2020: Our agency offers you the Michigan personnel employment agency bond for 1, 2, or 3 years. There is no credit check inquiry; the premium is $100 for 1 year; $180 for 2 years; and $260 for 3 years. Please call us today
Employment Agencies – Michigan
Licensing for employment agencies in Michigan is regulated by LARA (the state’s department for Licensing and Regulatory Affairs).
As a requirement for licensing, employment or personnel agencies are required to furnish evidence of a $10,000 surety bond.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds offers this bond as both a new and renewal bond.
Michigan Employment Agency Bond: The Cost and Duration of this Surety Bond
Your Michigan employment agency bond will typically cost you between 1-3% of the bond’s amount; however, the amount that you will pay will be determined by an application and your credit score (our agency uses a ‘soft inquiry’ which does not lower your score).
Once the bond is issued, the bond is active for one year from the issuance. A current, active surety bond must be on file with LARA in order to maintain operations as a personnel agency in Michigan.
The Purposes of this Surety Bond
According to Article 10, Section 1006, the purposes of the Michigan employment agency bond is a financial guarantee which ensures the following:
- That the licensee will live up to the contractual agreement with any Michigan job-seeker;
- That, if due, the personnel agency will refund all money due to a job-seeker if obligated to do so according to Michigan law;
- That you will maintain an active bond on file as required by law;
- That the suspension of your license does not negate the coverage offered by the surety bond before the date of suspension;
- That the licensing department reserves the right to require you to obtain another surety bond, if, in their judgment they judge your professional conduct as irresponsible.
Types of Personnel Agencies in Michigan
Employment agencies in Michigan are classified as Type A and Type B; however, regardless of the classification, a $10,000 surety bond is still required.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bonds-only agency. We provide license and permit, contractor, court, and fiduciary bonds throughout Michigan.
Our agency also provides surety bonds nationwide.
Please call us today at
Or, you may fill out our contact form and an agent will call you…