Missouri Grain Dealer Bond
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Surety Bond; Purpose
Licensed Missouri grain dealers must furnish evidence of financial responsibility by obtaining the appropriate surety bond. While there is a range, the exact amount required of you may vary considerably.
Current state law indicates that the surety bond amount required is:
- A minimum $50,000 surety bond;
- A maximum $600,000 surety bond.
However, grain dealers who have a net worth less than that statutorily required according to Missouri Revised Statutes 276.421, as amended, may be required to post additional security.
Your surety bond requirement serves as a financial guarantee for the state of Missouri that you’ll be in compliance with the Missouri Grain Dealer’s Law, and any future amendments.
Qualifying and the Premium
Qualifying, approval, and obtaining you Missouri grain dealer bond, of whatever amount, includes:
- Completing a short surety bond application, and having it signed and witnessed (it does not, however, need to be notarized). Our agency will begin the application with you by phone, however, you’ll need to print, sign, and scan the application back to our agency;
- Undergoing a review of your application. Done by our underwriters, the review includes a credit check inquiry;
- Upon approval of your surety bond, payment of the first annual premium.
Approval by our agency is granted on the basis of satisfactory credit. The premium will be 1% annually of the required surety bond amount.
Bond documents and Payment of the Premium
Upon approval of your surety bond and payment of the premium, our agency issues your bond to you immediately.
We will sign your bond as Surety. Included with your surety bond will be a Power of Attorney form. Upon receipt by mail, you’ll sign your bond as Principal.
You will then file all completed surety bond documents received to:
State of Missouri
Director of Missouri Department of Agriculture
P.O. Box 630
Jefferson City, MO 65102
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bonds-only agency. We provide license and permit, Court, probate, and other surety bonds in Missouri and all 50 states.
Please call our agency today at:
Or, you may fill out the form below and a Surety Agent will call you…