Nevada Document Preparation Services | AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Nevada Legal Assistant Bond
Nevada Document Preparers | Nevada Tax Preparer Bond
Nevada document preparers, sometimes known as legal assistants, are defined as legal assistance services which provide, for compensation, legal assistance in certain matters. This may include the preparation of legal papers.
These preparers are regulated by the Nevada Secretary of State.
(IN JULY OF 2017, Nevada began requiring tax preparers to also post a $50,000 surety bond with the Secretary of State. This article refers to tax preparers as well)
What and Who is included in the definition of a Nevada Document Preparer
Included in the definition of a Nevada document preparer are any and all of the following:
Persons and organizations, who, for compensation:
- Are paralegals, unless they work under the supervision of an attorney who is licensed in Nevada;
- Persons or companies who assist a client, for a fee, in the preparation of a state or federal tax return; or who assist in obtaining for a client a tax refund;
- Bankruptcy petitioners;
- Any person or company who prepares, for a fee, a pleading or application in a legal matter, for a client;
- Any person or company who helps a client obtain a birth certificate, or some other supporting document in connection with a legal matter.
Becoming a Nevada Document Preparer or Legal Assistant
To qualify as a Nevada document preparer, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Applicants must be a US citizen or legal resident of the United States;
- Applicants can have no suspensions from law in any US jurisdiction;
- Applicants can have no revocation or suspensions of any document preparer license in any state;
- No prior convictions, within the previous 10 years of any acts involving theft, fraud, or dishonesty
- Register, online for an application by going here
- Provide a set of fingerprints and a fingerprint background waiver;
Applicants will also need to obtain a surety bond for $50,000.
Nevada Document Preparer $50,000 Surety Bond
Nevada document preparers are required to post a $50,000 surety bond with the Secretary of State.
It is important to note that the surety bond is not an insurance policy or form of legal protection for the document preparer.
It is not this at all. A proper understanding is the following:
Besides being required by the Nevada Secretary of State, this surety bond is a guarantee that the license holder will act in conformance with the laws of the state of Nevada.
The bond protects clients of the Nevada document preparer and the Nevada Secretary of State from criminal acts of fraud, theft, or dishonesty which may be committed by the document preparer.
If there were ever a claim paid on this surety bond, the bondholder would be required to reimburse any payments in full to the surety company; otherwise, there would be a suspension of the license until all fees are fully reimbursed.
The Term of the Bond
As per the Nevada Secretary of State, the term of the bond is one year.
This surety bond, then, is required to be renewed on an annual basis.
Cost of the Surety Bond
While the face amount of the surety bond is $50,000, applicants and renewal applicants will only pay a small fraction (percentage) of that amount.
The premium paid for this bond will be determined by the applicant’s credit score, and, depending on the credit score, will have a wide range.
Again, the premium renews annually. Therefore, the cost paid for this bond may change from year to year in accordance with one’s credit profile.
We will work on your behalf to find the best pricing structure for you.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety-bonds only company which provides contractor, court, and license & permit surety bonds in Nevada and all 50 states.
We would like the opportunity to earn your business for all of your surety bonds needs.
Please AmeriPro Surety Bonds us today at: 844-589-9732