Nevada DMV Driving School Bond | AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Nevada DMV Driving Schools
Nevada driving schools are private companies or individuals, who, for a fee, educate students about operating a motor vehicle on the roads and highways, in preparation for the driver license exam to be administered by the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles.
The driving school education may take place in a classroom setting with other students, as also in a motor vehicle used for the same purpose.
The following information refers to a driving school business license, and not the licensing requirements involved for a driving school instructor. Also, the information provided is an overview of some of the requirements, but is not a full list of all requirements.
Becoming Licensed as a Nevada Driving School
- Only one principal of the business (an officer in the company) needs to fill out the business license application;
- All principals must provide a personal history questionnaire. The questionnaire requests information about any felony convictions, if applicable; child support payments which are in arrears; and prior job histories;
- Each principal must provide a set of fingerprints for a background check. The fingerprinting can be done at a Nevada law enforcement agency. Fees are $36.25, and are non-refundable;
- A photo of the applicant which shows their face and shoulders;
- An application fee of $51, which is non-refundable
Applicants will also need to demonstrate an active insurance liability policy and a surety bond policy.
The insurance liability policy is as follows:
For the death of one person in a single accident, a liability policy of at least $100,000.
For the death of two or more persons in a single accident, a liability policy of at least $300,00.
Surety Bonds Requirements for a Nevada Driving School License
Applicants for a Nevada driving school license must post a $10,000 surety bond with the Occupational and Business Licensing division of the Nevada DMV.
The bond is not an insurance policy for the driving school; in fact, it does not protect the driving school at all.
The Nevada driving school surety bond protects students and the Nevada DMV from acts of fraud, or other criminal malfeasance that a driving school business may commit with respect to their business operations.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds
Applicants pay no where near the $10,000 surety bond amount. Thus, the cost of the $10,000 should be relatively small and easily manageable for your budget.
Once purchased, you will want to have the bond immediately filed with the DMV licensing division. Without it, no license will be issued.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds will make purchase of your Nevada driving instructor bond quick and easy.
We provide notary, contract and court bonds in all of Nevada.
We also provide surety bonds to all 50 states.