Nevada Employment Agency Bond
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Nevada Employment Agencies
In Nevada, employment agencies are also known as PEA’s (private employment agencies).
AmeriPro Surety Bonds will use the above abbreviation below when discussing Nevada-based employment agencies below.
Nevada Employment Agencies Definition
The Nevada Office of the Labor Commissioner is the governing body which oversees PEA’s.
PEA’s are defined as businesses:
- Which find candidates and provide information to employers who are looking for employees;
- Who finds persons who are seeking employment and then matches them up with employers;
- Maintains a record of the above.
In Nevada, you are a PEA if an employee candidate that you have matched to an employer works at that business, but is still paid by the PEA.
The Labor Commissioner also regards you as a PEA if you charge either the employer or the employee a fee for your services.
Applying for a PEA License in Nevada
The application for a PEA license in Nevada is fairly straightforward.
Applicants will need to:
- File an application for all principals of the business;
- Pay a $100 license fee. The fee is from January 1st through December 31st and is non-refundable;
- Provide a certificate of the fictitious business name, if applicable;
- Provide two affiants who attest to the applicant’s decent character;
- If applicable, provide a copy of the Articles of Incorporation to the Labor Commissioner’s office;
File a $1,000 surety bond with the Nevada Labor Commissioner’s office.
Nevada PEA $1000 Surety Bond
The Nevada Labor Commissioner requires a $1,000 surety bond for PEA’s.
The bond is not an insurance policy.
This surety bond is a protection for the consumer against any fraudulent, illegal, or criminal acts that a PEA might commit in the course of their duties.
Cost of the Nevada PEA $1,000 Surety Bond
Nevada PEA applicants will not pay $1,000 for the surety bond.
It is probable that this surety bond is no more than $100; however it will not be much at all
AmeriPro Surety Bonds
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bond agency which has one focus: Surety Bonds.
Throughout Nevada, we provide court, contractor, license and permit, and fiduciary bonds.
We also provide surety bonds throughout all 50 states.