Nevada Off Highway Vehicle Dealer Bond
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Nevada Off Highway Vehicle Dealer: Definition
Nevada off highway vehicle dealers refers to those companies who sell and/ or exchange, as a business, vehicles which are designed to operate off-road.
These vehicles include:
Other vehicles which are designed to be used off-road.
Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles
Nevada off highway vehicle dealers are regulated by the Nevada DMV, Occupational Business and Licensing Division.
Their address is:
555 Wright Way
Carson City, NV 89711
Becoming a Licensed Off Highway Vehicle Dealer in Nevada
Any applicants for the Nevada DMV off highway vehicle dealer license will want to familiarize themselves with the detailed manual which discusses in detail all facets of the industry.
To begin the process of becoming licensed, applicants will need to do the following:
- At least one principal of the business, an officer, will need to complete a business licensing application;
- The same applicant will need to provide a photograph of themselves which shows their head and shoulders;
- All principals of the business will need to provide a personal history questionnaire application. Be prepared to answer questions about any arrests or felony convictions, if applicable; prior job histories; and child support payments which may be in arrears. The application is written;
- All principals will need to provide a set of fingerprints which can be completed through an authorized Nevada DMV location or a Nevada law enforcement agency. There is a $36.25 fee assessed which is non-refundable;
- The business site of the off-highway dealership will need to be inspected by a representative of the DMV;
- A certificate of liability insurance;
Obtain an off-highway Nevada dealer surety bond for $50,000,
The dealer sells another category of vehicles for which a bond has already been procured, then an additional Nevada DMV surety bond is not required.
Please check with the Occupational and Business Licensing Division for clarity.
Nevada Off-Highway Dealer Surety Bond
Applicants for the $50,000 off-highway dealer surety will have a bond issued that will run concurrent with their business license.
The bond is issued to protect the public, not the off-highway dealer, from any acts which may be fraudulent or criminally negligible which may be committed by an off-highway dealership in the course of their business duties.
Cost of the Nevada Off-Highway Dealer Surety Bond
While the face amount of the surety bond is $50,000, applicants will only pay a fraction of this amount.
The amount to be paid, known as the premium, will be determined by the applicant’s credit score.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds
AmeriPro Surety Bonds will work with you to obtain the best pricing for your DMV off-highway dealer bond, whether this is your first time obtaining the surety bond, or it is a renewal.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds provides contractor, court, license and permit, and fiduciary surety bonds in Nevada as well as all 50 states.
Call AmeriPro Surety Bonds today at: 844-589-9732