New Mexico Private Investigator Bond |
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
New Mexico Private Investigators
A private investigator is defined by Wikipedia as “…a person who can be hired by individuals or groups to undertake investigatory law services. Private investigators often work for attorneys civil and criminal cases.”
New Mexico private investigators are licensed and regulated by the New Mexico Regulation & Licensing Department, Securities Division.
The New Mexico Private Investigator Bond information that we provide refers, mainly, to the licensing of New Mexico companies, not individuals.
A New Mexico private investigator bond is required of companies who are headquartered in New Mexico or who conduct private investigations in the state.
Qualifying and the Premium
You are automatically approved for the $10,000 New Mexico private investigator bond. The annual premium is just $100. When you call us, we’ll just ask you the name that you want on your bond; and we’ll ask you for your contact information (email address, address, phone number).
Upon receipt of the $100 payment, we issue your bond to you immediately for filing. Upon receipt, you’ll file your bond, as well as any other paperwork to:
State of New Mexico
Regulation and Licensing Department, Private Investigations Advisory Board
Santa Fe, NM, 87504505-476-4650
Additional Premium Payment Options
You may choose to prepay your surety bond up to 3 years, which will save you slightly over annual renewals. The premium prepayment options and savings are as follows:
- If prepaid for 2 years, the premium is $180, a $20 savings;
- If prepaid for 3 years, the premium is $260, a $40 savings.
New Mexico Private Investigators Licensing and License Renewals
AmeriPro Surety Bonds provides the New Mexico Private Investigator bond for both new or first time applicants and existing private investigators who need to renew their license and surety bond.
Applicants for a new New Mexico private investigator license will need to complete the following:
- Applicants will want to follow these guidelines offered by the New Mexico licensing board in order ensure that the application is submitted correctly;
- A New Mexico private investigator company application , along with a $300 non-refundable fee, and a branch fee of $100, if the company is registered out of state but is conducting business in New Mexico. The application fee is non-refundable;
- In the application, disclosure of any felony or misdemeanor arrests and convictions;
- On page 3 of the private investigator application, the signature will need to be notarized;
- Disclosures about the recreational or personal use of any illegal narcotics or drugs;
- Disclosures regarding state or federal tax rule violations;
- Currently licensed applicants who need to renew their license will need to complete a renewal application.
- Renewal licensees will also need to have their applications notarized;
- Renewal licensees will be asked the same questions mentioned above regarding criminal convictions, drug use, and tax concerns;
- New Mexico private investigators who are renewing their license will need to pay a $200 renewal fee, plus $100 if they are based out of state but conduct business in New Mexico;
Both first-time applicants and renewal applicants will need to provide proof of the $10,000 New Mexico private investigator bond.
New Mexico Private Investigator Bond: Purpose
The New Mexico private investigator bond is required to protect the public from any potential wrongful, criminal, or fraudulent acts committed by a private investigator in the performance of their duties.
About AmeriPro Surety Bonds
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety-bond only agency which provides private investigator surety bonds where required nationwide.
Our agency is also a provider of license and permit surety bonds in all 50 states. Please call us today at:
Or, you may fill out the form below and an agent will contact you…
Request a Callback