Oregon Commercial Driving School Bond | AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
AmeriPro Surety Bonds provides both new and any renewal Oregon commercial driving school bonds.
Oregon Commercial Driving Schools
Oregon commercial driving schools, despite what the name may seem to indicate, instruct persons on how to operate motor vehicles — including cars; they are not just for “commercial vehicles” which may require a CDL A license.
Commercial driving schools are regulated by the Oregon Driver & Motor Vehicle Services (DMV).
Becoming Licensed as an Oregon Commercial Driving School
Involved in obtaining licensing as an Oregon commercial driving school are the following:
- The applicant must be a qualified instructor, which excludes convictions for certain types of criminal offenses beyond ones which are vehicle related;
- Vehicles used for training must have controls for both the trainee and the trainer;
- Applicants must complete an application for an Oregon commercial school driving license;
- The application fee is $200;
- Applicants will undergo a criminal background check;
- Applicants must have the correct insurance amounts – $100,000 for the death of one person in an accident; $300,000 for two or more persons; $50,000 property damage protection;
- Applicants for the Oregon commercial driving school license must obtain a $2,500 surety bond issued in favor of the Oregon DMV.
Oregon Commercial Driving School Bond: Purpose
The purpose of the Oregon commercial driving school bond is to act as a financial guarantee, on the behalf of the Oregon DMV and any consumers for acts of fraud or criminal malfeasance committed by a licensed Oregon driving school, or any of its employees.
Oregon Commercial Driving School Bond: Duration
The Oregon commercial driving school bond will renew on an annual basis.
The driving school license is issued for a calendar year, regardless of when the license was purchased.
The annual renewal fee for a license is $200, and the state does not offer any grace period.
The bond should be written to run concurrently with you the license.
Oregon Commercial Driving School Bond: Premium
The premium (the price you will pay) for the Oregon commercial driving school bond should be little more than $100 annually.
While there may or may not be a credit check involved, this surety bond is going to have a low premium amount due to its low $2,500 amount.
About AmeriPro Surety Bonds
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a nationwide surety bond agency providing license and permit, court, contractor, and fiduciary bonds throughout Oregon.