Oregon Pawnbroker Bond | AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Oregon pawnbrokers are regulated by the Financial and Institutions Division of Licensing.
AmeriPro Surety Bond provides an Oregon pawnbroker bond for both first time and existing pawnbrokers who are required to annually renew their bond.
The Oregon pawnbroker license renews annually on December 15th of each year. The Oregon pawnbroker renewal fee is $350.00.
Ideally, a pawnbroker bond purchased should always run concurrent with licensing.
Becoming Licensed as an Oregon Pawnbroker:
Persons desirous of an Oregon pawnbroker license must accomplish the following:
- Complete an application for an Oregon pawnbroker license;
- Pay a licensing application fee of $500, which is non-refundable;
- The applicant must be solvent;
- The applicant will need to provide a job history or resume to the Department;
- Applicants, officers, and owners of the corporation will need to have a criminal background check performed;
- Applicants, officers, and owners of the corporation will need to have a credit check performed;
- Pawnbroker licensees — new and renewal — will need to provide a surety bond to the Department before a license is issued.
Oregon Pawnbroker Bond: Amount, Obligee and Purpose
The Oregon pawnbroker bond is for $25,000.
The bond is required by the Oregon Department of Business and Consumer Services, who is the obligee.
The bond is a financial guarantee, as a precondition for licensing, that the pawnbroker will abide by all rules and laws involved in conducting business as a pawnbroker within the state.
The surety bond protects consumers from acts of theft, fraud, and malfeasance up to the amount of the bond should it be credibly demonstrated.
Oregon Pawnbroker Bond: Premium Amount
While the amount of coverage afforded the obligee for an Oregon pawnbroker bond is $25,000, the amount you will pay is considerably less.
The premium for the Oregon pawnbroker bond may be as little as $375.00 annually.
The amount you will pay will be determined by a soft pull credit check (this does not adversely affect your score).
AmeriPro Surety Bonds will always work on your behalf to find you the best surety bond pricing.
About AmeriPro Surety Bonds
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bonds-only agency which provides license and permit, contractor, and fiduciary bonds throughout Oregon.
We also provide surety bonds in all 50 states.