South Carolina Residential Builder Bond
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Residential Housing Builders – South Carolina
The South Carolina Residential Builders Commission is entrusted with the licensing and regulation of building contractors in South Carolina. Among other requirements, applicants may be subject – by the state of South Carolina – to a credit check and a public review before a license is granted.
South Carolina’s residential builder license and the bond requirement encompasses 3 building-related contracting professions and bond amounts:
- Registered residential specialty contractor – $5000 surety bond;
- Contractors who specialize in HVAC, plumbing, or electricians – $10,000 surety bond;
- Residential builders/certificate of authorization – $15,000 surety bond.
All categories of bond may use the same bond form. Qualifying and purchasing any of these surety bonds takes a few minutes with our agency.
Qualifying and the Premium Amounts
With all of these categories, after completion of an application and payment of the premium, the surety bond is issued to you immediately. There is neither a credit inquiry nor a review for an underwriter for any of the bonds.
The premium breakdown amounts are as follows:
- Residential specialty contractor bond is $100, annually;
- HVAC, plumbing or electricians bond is also $100, annually;
- The Residential builders/certificate of authorization is $150, annually.
The Purpose of This Surety Bond
The purpose this bond – for any and all categories – is to serve as a financial guarantee which ensures your compliance with the South Carolina Residential Code and Safety requirements and any related laws or amendments.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bonds only agency. We provide license and permit and court surety bonds throughout South Carolina. Our agency also provides surety bonding in all 50 states.
We look forward to helping you secure the bond you need:
Please call our agency today at:
Or, you may fill out the form below and an agent will contact you….