Texas Driver Education School Bond | AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Texas Driver Education Schools
Texas driver education schools are regulated by Title 5, Chapter 1001, of the Texas state statutes.
Qualifying and the Premium
You are automatically approved for the $10,000 Texas driver education school bond. There is no credit check for this bond; it is immediately issued to you. We will need the following:
- An application, which we can verbally take from you over the phone;
- Payment of the $100 premium.
Once the payment is received the bond is issued to you. Our agency will sign your bond as Surety, and upon receipt you’ll sign your bond as Principal before filing with the state’s department of licensing and regulation. Your surety bond is active for one year from the date of issuance and renews on the anniversary of its purchase.
Premium Prepayment Options
With this bond, you also have the option to prepay your premium up to 3 years, thereby saving you over renewing each year. The premium prepayment options and savings are as follows:
- If prepaid for 2 years, the premium is $180, a $20 savings;
- If prepaid for 3 years, the premium is $260, a $40 savings.
Texas Driver Education School Bond
In addition to other requirements, driving schools operating in the state of Texas are required to maintain a Texas driving education school bond.
The required amounts for this surety bond are:
- At least one $10,000 surety bond as a prerequisite for the Texas driving school license;
- An additional $5,000 surety bond for each additional location of a driving school, besides the main location.
The obligee for the Texas driver education school bond is the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.
Texas Driver Education School Bond: The Purpose
The purpose of a Texas driver education school bond is a financial guarantee that the driving school will follow all laws, state and federal, regarding the operation of a driving school.
The bond acts as a financial guarantee against fraud or other acts of criminal malfeasance in the operation of a driving school.
Becoming Licensed as a Texas Driver Education School:
Applicants who want to open a driver education school in Texas must:
- Complete an application;
- Include a $1000 application fee (always assume that the application fee is nonrefundable);
- Provide a staff roster to the state;
- Provide insurance declarations as required by the Texas Transportation Code, Chapter 601;
- Provide information about the curriculum;
- Show which vehicles will be used in the driver education course;
- Obtain the surety bond or bonds as required above.
About AmeriPro Surety Bonds
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bonds-only agency which, in addition to the driver education school bond, provides license and permit, contractor, and fiduciary surety bonds throughout Texas.
We also provide surety bonds throughout the United States.
Please call our agency today.