Texas Health Spa Bond | AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Texas Health Spas
In Texas, health spas are regulated by the Secretary of State, Registrations Unit.
The Secretary defines health spas as “A business that offers…members instruction in or use of facilities for a physical exercise program.”
Texas Health Spa Bond
In addition to registration requirements, health spas in Texas are required to purchase at least one Texas health spa bond.
Texas Health Spa Bond: The Purpose
The purpose of a Texas health spa bond is to protect consumers from any acts of criminal negligence, fraud, theft, or criminal misrepresentation or malfeasance in the course of their business.
To maintain a proper understanding of this surety bond one only needs to keep in mind one thing: The Texas health spa bond protects others; it does not protect the health spa club at all.
It is also a prerequisite for licensing.
Texas Health Spa Bond: The Amount Required
It is important for applicants to remember that each location of a Texas health spa will have its own Texas health spa bond.
To determine the amount of bond required, the following formula will be of use:
- If the location has a prepaid membership between 0-$20,000 total, a $20,000 bond is required;
- If the location has a prepaid membership between $20,001-$25,000, a $25,000 bond is required;
- If the location has a prepaid membership between $25,001-$30,000, a $30,000 bond is required;
- For $30,001-$35,000, a $35,000 bond is required;
- For $35,001-$40,000 a $40,000 bond is required;
- For $40,001-$45,000 a $45,000 bond is required;
- Any amount over $45,000, a $50,000 bond is required.
Premium Required for a Texas Health Spa Bond
The premium required for the Texas health spa bond will be determined by:
- The amount of the bond and the total number of bonds required;
- The applicant’s credit score.
A $20,000 bond may cost as little as $375; a $50,000 bond may cost as little as $750.
The bonds are issued for one year and renew annually.
Regardless of one’s credit standing, applicants with AmeriPro Surety Bonds can feel confident that they have an advocate who will work, regardless of credit, to find the best (that is, the lowest) pricing.
Our agency does not charge broker fees.
Becoming Licensed as a Texas Health Spa:
Involved in becoming licensed as a health spa in Texas is the following:
- Completion of a the Texas health spa application;
- Payment of the $100 application fee (assume that this fee is nonrefundable)
- Providing an escrow account;
- Obtaining the Texas health spa surety bond required (AmeriPro Surety Bonds will have the necessary forms and provide those for you).
About AmeriPro Surety Bonds
AmeriPro Surety Bonds also provides surety bonds nationwide.