Texas Hearing Aid Bond | AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Texas Hearing Aid Statutes
The statutes and licensing rules related to Texas hearing aids are more properly referred to as hearing instruments fitters and dispensers statutes.
Persons who engage in the business of offering hearing aid dispensers in Texas are regulated by the state’s Department of Licensing and Regulation.
Texas Hearing Aid Dispenser Bond: Premium
Qualifying for this surety bond involves completing a surety bond application and undergoing a credit check. Good credit is required, and if approved, the premium is $100 annually. Once the premium has been paid, our agency issues this bond to you immediately.
Texas Hearing Aid Dispenser Bond: Amount
The Department of Licensing and Regulation, who is obligee (that is, they are the entity requiring the Texas aid hearing bond) requires new and renewal applicants to file a $10,000 surety bond with the Department.
Texas Hearing Aid Dispenser Bond: Purpose of this Bond
The purpose of the Texas hearing aid bond is threefold:
- The bond is required as a financial guarantee that all taxes related to engaging in the business of offering hearing aids will be paid;
- The bond is required as a financial guarantee to that all contractual obligations related to the hearing aid business will be met;
- The bond is also required to protect the consumer against any hearing aid items which might be negligently sold or distributed.
Some Requirements for Texas Hearing Aid Instrument Fitters and Dispensers
Persons interested in joining this field will need to complete the following:
- A qualifying examination;
- Meeting the minimum number of hours for an apprenticeship;
- Paying the application fees;
- An in-depth explanation of the requirements for the Texas hearing aid license is available;
- Obtaining the surety bond as required above, or the equivalent financial instrument.
About AmeriPro Surety Bonds
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is an agency with one focus: Providing surety bonds for our customers.
To that end, AmeriPro Surety Bonds provides license and permit, contractor, court, and fiduciary surety bonds throughout Texas. We also provide surety bonds nationwide.
Please call us at:
Or, you may fill out the form below and an agent will contact you…