Texas Title Insurance Agency Bond |
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Texas Title Insurance Agencies:
Title insurance agencies are regulated by the Texas Department of Insurance .
The Department regulates title insurance agencies according to 28 TAC §9.1; and the Department is the obligee, for the surety bond which a title agency must file as a prerequisite for licensing.
Texas Title Insurance Agency Bond: Amount Required
The Texas title insurance agency bond is not a set amount; it is, rather, a simple formula.
The bond amount required is:
- Or in an amount which is 10% of the gross premium an agency has written that has been supplied to the Department of Insurance in the latest report provided to the Department, whichever is greater;
- But in an amount which will not exceed, regardless of the formula used above, $100,000.00.
In other words, the bond amount, depending on the title agency, will be somewhere between $10,000 to $100,000.00.
Texas Title Insurance Agency Bond: Purpose of this Surety Bond
The title insurance agency bond serves one main purpose:
This bond is a financial guarantee that a licensed Texas title insurance agency will comply with all regulatory rules and laws relating to the lawful operation of a title insurance agency.
The surety bond, then, protects others, in the name of the Texas Department of Insurance, from fraudulent and criminal acts committed by a title insurance agency company in the course of their business operations.
Texas Title Insurance Agency Bond: Its Duration
A Texas title insurance agency bond is issued for one year and is renewed on an annual basis.
Applicants (principals) of the surety bond will wait to make sure that the surety bond run concurrent with the license granted by Texas.
The Premium or Cost of this Bond
The premium represents the amount you will pay for the surety bond.
The premium will be determined by:
- The amount of the surety bond required;
- The applicant’s credit score.
As a very general rule of thumb, this surety bond may cost between 1-5% of the bond’s amount.
A $50,000 title insurance bond may cost as little as $500/ annually.
But, again, the amount you will pay will be determined by your credit scoring.
Our agency will work to find you the best bond pricing (meaning the lowest) regardless of your credit standing.
Forming a Texas Title Insurance Agency
Candidates who wish to form a title insurance agency will need to complete the following:
- Pay a nonrefundable $50 application fee;
- Complete the application for Texas title insurance agency license;
- Have a current Basic Manual of Rules, Rates and Forms;
- Be familiar with 28 TAC §9.1 of the Texas Insurance Code as referenced above;
- Obtain the title insurance agency surety bond in the required amount.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bonds-only agency providing license and permit, contractor, court, and fiduciary surety bonds in Texas.
We also provide surety bonds nationwide.
Please call us at:
Or, you may fill out the form below and a Surety Agent will contact you.
Request a Callback