Utah Auto Dealer Bond | AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
AmeriPro Surety Bonds provides both first-time Utah auto dealer bonds and renewal Utah auto dealer bonds.
Below, we give an explanation on what it takes to become licensed as an auto dealer in Utah.
We also provide details on getting an existing license renewed.
And, again, we help those already license to renew their existing Utah auto dealer bond.
Utah Auto Dealers
Utah auto dealers offer for sale to the public either new cars or pre-owned vehicles, or both.
They are regulated by the Utah State Tax Commission, Motor Vehicle Enforcement Division.
Two Part Process to Become a Utah Auto Dealer
The state of Utah divides the licensing for new Utah auto dealer into two parts:
- One is the location of the dealership
- Two is the application, which includes the requirement to purchase the $75,000 Utah auto dealer bond, or the $10,000 ATV/snowmobile/motorcycle/small trailer bond.
Both surety bonds are offered to you by AmeriPro Surety Bonds.
Licensing: Location Utah Auto Dealerships
Applicants for the Utah auto dealer license must:
- Have a physical location where records may be stored and which is not shared with another business;
- Affix a sign which is at least 24 square feet and is permanently fixed;
- Have a sign which has a display area of at least 3 inches.
Application Fees: Utah Auto Dealerships
Application fees for Utah auto dealerships are as follows:
- For new or used cars, the application fee is $127;
- For motorcycles, new or used, ATV/snowmobiles, the application fee is $51;
- Fingerprint fees, used to conduct a background check are $20 each;
- Dealer plates are $12.00 each.
Application Requirements: Utah Auto Dealerships
Applicants for the Utah auto dealership license must do the following:
- Fill out the application completely, leaving nothing blank. All officers of the corporation must sign the application and provide requested information;
- Complete TC-465, which is the fingerprinting waiver. Each officer of the auto dealership, if applicable, must complete this form.
Be sure to be completely honest and disclose any relevant convictions, even if they may be grounds for refusal to issue a Utah auto dealer license
- Include a photo which shows head and shoulders and is not larger than a 5×7;
- Provide a clear and complete picture of the auto dealership with the sign. The name of the dealership and the name on the bond provided by AmeriPro Surety Bonds, and the name on the application must all match and be exactly the same, with no variation;
- Obtain an application (TC-69) for the Utah state sales tax. Fill out the application entirely.
- If this is your first time application, you must submit proof of attending an 8-hour seminar. Seminars are offered through Utah Motor Vehicle Education;
- To obtain Utah license plates, make sure that the “Special Plates” section of the application is filled out entirely;
- If you are a dealership which sells new cars, provide a copy of the agreement; or if you are a franchised used dealership, do the same;
- Obtain a Utah auto dealer bond for the appropriate amount.
Utah Auto Dealer Bond: Amount
The Utah auto dealer bond is required by the state of Utah.
The amount of the bond Utah auto dealer bond is $75,000 for new and used auto dealers.
For Utah auto dealers who sale motorcycles or other ATV’s, the bond amount is $10,000.
Utah Auto Dealer Bond: How Long
Utah auto dealership licenses expire on June 30th of each year.
Plus, the state does not send out mailed renewals, making it your further responsibility to stay in the know! They do send emails in some cases.
The Utah auto dealer bond should be issued to run concurrent with your auto dealer license so as to prevent any gaps in coverage.
A gap in bond coverage may result in the temporary suspension of your auto dealer license.
Utah Auto Dealer Bond: The Premium Amount
The premium amount (the cost of the bond) will be a small percentage of the surety bond.
Ultimately, the premium amount of the bond will be determined by:
- The bond face amount (i.e. $10,000 or $75,000);
- And, an applicant’s credit score.
Regardless of your credit, AmeriPro Surety Bonds will work with you to find you the best pricing available.
Duration of the Utah Auto Dealer Bond
The Utah auto dealer bond renews on an annual basis.
Again, renewal should be seen to run concurrent with your license which expires on June 30th of each year.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds works for you to get the best pricing on your auto dealer bond.
We are a surety-bond only agency, providing every type of bond in Utah and throughout the country.
We appreciate your consideration and respect that you have chosen our company when you have many choices.