Utah Immigration Consultant Bond | AmeriPro Surety Bonds |
AmeriPro Surety Bonds provides both the new and renewal Utah immigration consultant bond. Please call us today at 844-589-9732.
We will work for you to obtain the best surety bond pricing.
Utah Immigration Consultants
Utah immigration consultants are regulated by legal statutes found under the Utah annotated code §13-49.
The profession is regulated by the Utah Department of Commerce, Division of Consumer Protection.
Applicants may wish to further familiarize themselves with the intricacies of the Utah immigration consultant profession.
Utah Immigration Consultants: What they do
Utah immigration consultants do the following as part of their profession:
- They translate the answers for their clients to questions posed by a state or federal agency;
- They enable a person to complete documents which are proposed by a state or federal agency, but they do not provide legal advice;
- They may refer their clients to those who offer legal advice, while they do not provide legal counsel themselves;
- They submit completed documents to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services .
It is important to point out that a Utah immigration consultant unless also an attorney may not offer legal advice.
Becoming a Utah Immigration Consultant
Persons interested in becoming a Utah immigration will need to complete the following:
- They will need to complete an immigration consultant application;
- They will need to pay a new OR renewal application fee of $220, which includes $20 for a background check;
- They will need to provide the Department of Commerce with exhibits of 3 disclosures: One is the notice which is to be displayed. The second is the written disclosure provided to the customer. The third and final disclosure is the contract;
- They will need to disclose any felony convictions, or any misdemeanor convictions within the last 10 years which involve theft, fraud, or dishonesty;
- They will need to be fingerprinted for a background check. To do so, they will need to visit the Bureau of Criminal Investigations (BCI) , located at 3888 West 5400 South, Taylorsville, UT 84118;
- Finally, applicants for new OR renewal licensing will need to obtain (or update) a Utah immigration consultant bond.
Utah Immigration Consultant Bond: Amount and Purpose
The Utah immigration consultant bond is for $50,000.00.
The purpose of the immigration consultant bond is to protect consumers from any acts of fraud, misrepresentation, or theft on the part of a Utah immigration consultant in the course of their business.
Utah Immigration Consultant Bond: Duration
The duration of an issued Utah immigration consultant bond is for one year.
Applicants should have the bond issued to run concurrent with the immigration consultant license so as to prevent any gaps in surety bond coverage.
Utah Immigration Consultant Bond: Premium
The annual premium for a Utah immigration consultant bond may be as little as $500.
The premium amount will be determine by a soft pull on an applicant’s credit report.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds works with several surety agencies.
We will work to find the best pricing for the Utah immigration consultant bond regardless of your credit history.
About AmeriPro Surety Bonds
AmeriPro Surety Bonds offers only surety bonds. We provide contractor, license and permit, court, and fiduciary surety bonds throughout Utah.
We also gladly work to provide surety bonds in all 50 states.
Our agency genuinely works for you.