Utah Private Investigator Bond | AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
AmeriPro Surety Bonds provides our customers both the new and renewal Utah private investigator bond.
Both Utah PI agencies and individual applicants alike are required to maintain a $10,000 bond on file.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds works on your behalf to get you the best surety bond pricing.
Utah Private Investigators: Regulatory body and basic requirements
Utah private investigators are regulated by the state of Utah’s Department of Public Safety.
To become a Utah private investigator, an individual must be:
- At least 18 years old;
- Have a good moral character;
- and be a resident of Utah.
How to Get Licensed as a Utah Private Investigator and Renewal License:
The following may be relevant for applicants for the Utah private investigator license:
- In addition to what is mentioned above, an applicant will need to complete the state application;
- Individual licensees applicants will pay a $142 application fee; agency licensee applicants will pay a $242 application fee. The fees are non-refundable;
- Individual licensees will need at least 2000 hours of investigative experience; agency licensees will need at least 5000 of investigative experience;
- A photograph of the applicant dated within 90 days of the application and a copy of the applicant’s driver license is required;
- Applicants for an agency will need to provide proof of am at least $500,000 insurance liability policy;
- For existing Utah private investigators, they will need to complete the Utah PI renewal license application;
- Both Utah private investigative agencies and individual licensees will need to obtain or renew a $10,000 Utah private investigator bond.
Utah Private Investigator Bond: Purpose
The purpose of the Utah private investigator bond is to protect consumers from acts of fraud, theft, or criminal malfeasance that a private investigator may unlawfully commit during the course of their business.
Quite unlike the liability insurance bond required of agencies, the private investigator bond is a guarantee placed by a PI agency or PI licensee, on behalf of the consumer.
Utah Private Investigator Bond: Duration of the Bond
Applicants for the Utah private investigator bond have the option to prepay their surety bond for up to a period of 3 years.
This is a savings in cost over annual renewal of the bond.
Applicants will ideally pay the following amount for the Utah private investigator bond:
- Applicants who purchase the bond for one year may pay as little as $100;
- Applicants who prepay the bond for two years may pay as little as $175;
- Applicants who prepay the bond for three years may pay as little as $250.
The premium paid may be determined by a soft pull (which does not affect an applicant’s credit) check.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds will work to find the best pricing for you.
About AmeriPro Surety Bonds
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bond-only agency which provides surety bonds of all types throughout Utah.
We also provide surety bonds in all 50 states.