Utah Sports Promoter Bond | AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Utah Sports Promoters
Sports promoters in Utah — specifically those who promote boxing, MMA, and/or kickboxing — are governed by a serious of statutes known as the Pete Suazo Utah Athletic Commissions Act.
The Act defines the various participants in a combative sports event and also determines licensing requirements.
Becoming Licensed as a Sports Promoter In Utah
Applicants for new and renewal licensing as a Utah sports promoter will need to do all of the following to obtain licensing from the state (this list is not exhaustive):
- To show financial viability, applicants must submit a federal tax return for the immediate prior two years;
- Provide 5 character witnesses, excluding relatives, employers and employees, who have known you for 5 years or longer;
- Notify the Commission of any license revocations pending or current which has been given to you any jurisdiction (i.e. in the country);
- Notify the Commission of any prior criminal convictions in the last 10 years and ever;
- Complete an application for the sports promoter license;
- Include a $250 non-refundable application fee;
- Provide a resume of sorts by listing prior employment history.
Utah Sports Promoter Bond
When a licensed sports promoter intends to hold an event, he or she must first obtain a Utah sports promoter surety bond and have the bond filed with the Commission.
Utah Sports Promoter Bond: Amount
The amount of the Utah sports promoter bond will be the greater of
The total from the commission fees, real and estimated, and the contestant purses.
According to the same rule, if a promoter has held less than 5 unarmed events in Utah, the promoter must provide an additional $10,000 cashier’s check to the Commission within 7 days of the event, or it may otherwise be canceled.
Utah Sports Promoter Bond: Premium
The premium of the Utah sports promoter bond will determined by
- The amount of the surety bond required;
- The applicant’s credit scoring.
A $10,000 Utah sports promoter bond may be as little as only $200; however, again, the premium will be determined by a credit check.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bonds-only agency which provides the Utah sports promoter bond, license and permit bonds, court, and fiduciary surety bonds throughout the great state of Utah.
As a surety bond only agency, we also have access to thousands of surety bonds, providing them for customers in all 50 states.