Vermont Certificate of Title Bond
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Vermont Defective Title or Lost Title Surety
If the title to your Vermont vehicle is lost or otherwise unavailable, the Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles may require you to obtain a surety bond. In such cases, the surety bond is a prerequisite for granting a title and registration to you.
The amount of the surety bond required must be 1 ½ times the amount of the NADA average trade-in value of your vehicle.
Besides obtaining your surety bond, you’ll want to present to the Vermont DMV:
- A bill of sale, or any documentation you have demonstrating ownership of the vehicle (i.e. expired titles);
- Payment of any and all fees due for registration (i.e. tax and title);
- Completion of the Vermont Registration, Tax and Title form ;
- All information as found under the Vermont Title Bond Instruction Sheet.
Qualifying and the Premium
Up to and inclusive of a $50,000 surety bond requirement, our agency offers you the Vermont certificate of title bond at 1% (minimum $100 premium), and no credit check. The premium is just a onetime fee for the term of your surety bond.
Amounts greater than $50,000, if applicable, would require a completed and signed application, along with an underwriter review which includes a credit inquiry.
Regardless of the amount required, when you call us, we’ll ask you the following:
- The dollar amount of your bond;
- The name, exactly as it should appear on your bond;
- The year, make, (and if applicable, vessel length) of your vehicle;
- Your vehicle’s full VIN/HIN.
After payment of the premium, our agency issues your bond to you immediately for filing. You’ll sign your bond as Principal before filing it to the VT DMV.
Their address is:
Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles
120 State Street
Montpelier, Vermont 05603-0001
However, you may wish to first check to see if your bond should be mailed to this address and if other paperwork required goes to the same location.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bonds-only agency. We provide certificate of title bonds wherever required nationwide.
Our agency is also a provider of license and permit bonds in Vermont and all 50 states.
Please call our agency today at:
Or, you may fill out a Contact form and a Surety Agent will call you.