Washington Tow Truck Operator Bond |
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Washington Tow Truck Operators
Useful Manual for Tow Truck Operators
All tow truck operators in the state should familiarize themselves with this comprehensive manual which is a full compendium of the requirements, definitions, and legal statutes which regulate Washington tow truck drivers.
Applying to be a Tow truck Operator
Applicants for a tow truck operating license in Washing state will pay obtain a business license application from the WA Department of Licensing.
Some of the requirements for licensing include the following (this list is not necessarily all-encompassing):
- Payment of a $19 non-refundable application fee;
- Submission of a vehicle transport/disposal addendum in addition to the application and other requirements;
- A list of all drivers of any tow trucks operated by the company;
- Obtained from the Washington State Patrol, an inspection report;
- A Fee of $100 for a truck operator license;
- An additional fee of $50 per tow truck licensed;
- A vehicle transporter fee of $25;
- License plates of $2 per set;
- If applicable, a vehicle wrecker license of 25
Washington tow truck operators must maintain an active insurance liability policy of at least $100,000. This policy protects the tow truck operator and any individuals; however, read and understand the policy description any limits or restrictions on the liability policy
Washington Tow Truck Operator $5,000 Bond
In addition to the above, Washington State tow truck operators are required to purchase and maintain a $5,000 surety bond.
Unlike the required insurance policy, the surety bond protects others from wrongful, criminal, or negligent acts which may be committed by a tow operator or employees during the course of their duties.
Getting your Washington Tow Truck $5,000 Bond
The Washington tow truck operator bond is just $100, annually. There is no credit inquiry or check for this bond. After completion of an application — a short one, which we’ll take from you over the phone, and payment of the premium, the bond is issued to you immediately.
Our agency also offers you the option to prepay this bond for up to 3 years. Prepayment of the premium lengthens the time between renewals and offers you a savings over renewing your surety bond every year.
The premium prepayment options are as follows:
- If prepaid for 2 years, the premium is $180, a $20 savings;
- If prepaid for 3 years, the pemium is $260, a $40 savings.
Contact AmeriPro Surety Bonds today:
AmeriPro Surety Bonds provides license & permit, fiduciary, contractor, and court bonds in Washington. We also provide bonds in all 50 states.