Indiana Attachment Bond
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Surety Bond; Amount and Purpose
An Indiana attachment order (aka ‘writ of attachment’ or ‘plaintiff’s attachment’) allows you, the plaintiff in a civil litigation proceeding, to seize and take possession of the property of a defendant, prejudgment.
A condition of the attachment order taking effect is that you obtain a surety bond in the amount ordered by the court.
While required of the plaintiff, the attachment surety bond is for the potential benefit of the defendant. According to Indiana statute, Section 34-25-2-5, as amended, the surety bond is a financial guarantee for the defendant that the plaintiff will:
- Prosecute the proceeding in the attachment;
- Pay any damages caused for a subsequently discovered wrongful and oppressive attachment order.
Qualifying and the Premium
Our agency offers you the Indiana attachment bond in the amount required by the court. Up to a $100,000 surety bond requirement, we also do so without a credit check.
An attachment order greater than $100,000 is subject to a surety bond underwriter review. To be approved for an attachment order above $100,000, good credit will be required. You may also be asked to provide supporting documents and information as a condition of approval.
For any attachment bond order, our agency will need the following from you:
- A copy of the court order stating that an attachment surety bond is required and the amount required;
- A completed surety bond application. The application is typically offered to you via Docusign. This will allow you to complete, sign, and return your application to our agency electronically;
- Review of your completed application;
- Upon approval of your application, payment of the premium
Issuing Your Attachment Bond
Your Indiana attachment bond is issued to you immediately and then mailed to you for signing and filing by you (or, legal counsel on your behalf). Included with your bond will be a Power of Attorney form as well.
You’ll file both of these documents with the presiding Indiana court.
Annual Renewal of the Premium
The premium associated with your attachment bond is subject to annual renewals on the anniversary of your bond’s issuance for as long as the court requires surety.
Premiums paid are earned in full; refunds are not offered.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bond only agency. We provide contract surety, license and permit, court, probate, and other surety bonds in Indiana and all 50 states.
Please call our agency today at:
Or, you may fill out the form below and a Surety Agent will contact you…