Indiana Garnishment Bond
AmeriPro Surety Bond | 844-589-9732
Surety Bond; Purpose and Amount
As plaintiff in an Indiana civil court proceeding, the court may allow you, prejudgment, to seize the account, assets, or wages of the adverse party. The seized assets are then held by a third party, not you, the plaintiff.
A condition for the garnishment order to take effect is that you obtain a surety bond in the amount ordered by the Indiana court.
While the garnishment surety bond is required of the plaintiff, its benefit is for the defendant.
The surety bond is statutorily required according to Indiana law, Section 34-25-2-5, and serves as a financial guarantee that you will:
- Prosecute the proceedings in the attachment;
- Pay the defendant for any damages due to a wrongful or oppressive attachment order.
Qualifying and the Premium
Our agency offers you the Indiana garnishment bond in the amount that the court requires. Up to a $100,000 surety bond requirement, we also do so without a credit check inquiry.
A garnishment surety bond greater than $100,000 is subject to review of your application by a surety bond underwriter. The review process will include a credit check; good credit will be required.
You may also be asked to provide supporting information or documentation as a condition of approval.
For any garnishment bond, our agency will need the following from you:
- A copy of the Indiana court order stating that a garnishment bond is required;
- Completing a surety bond application. Our agency typically provides that application to you via Docusign. Docusign allows you to complete, sign, and return your application to our agency;
- Review of your application. This review will be determined, in part, by the amount required of you;
- Upon approval, payment of the premium.
Issuing Your Surety Bond
Our agency issues your Indiana garnishment bond upon payment of the premium. Included with your bond will be a Power of Attorney form.
Either you as plaintiff, or someone whom you choose will need to have the bond filed with the Indiana court. You’ll first need to sign your bond as Principal.
Annual Renewal of the Premium
The premium for your garnishment bond is subject to annual renewals for as long as the court requires surety.
Premiums paid are earned in full are nonrefundable.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bonds-only agency which provides license and permit, court, contract surety, and other surety bonds in Indiana and all 50 states.
Please call our agency today at:
Or, you may also fill out the form below and a Surety Agent will contact you…