Missouri Attachment Bond |
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
Surety Bond; Purpose and Amount
A Missouri attachment order allows you as Plaintiff (or, for legal counsel, your client) to seize the disputed property of the Defendant, before a final decision is given in the underlying case.
For this reason, this surety bond is sometimes referred to as a ‘prejudgment attachment’ bond.
In order for the attachment order to take effect, according to Missouri law, Rule 85.08, as amended, a surety bond is required.
While required of the Plaintiff, its benefit is a financial guarantee for the Defendant and the sheriff. Specifically, the bond outlines four purposes of your bond requirement.
They are as follows:
- A guarantee that the case will move forward without unnecessary delays;
- That in case that the court subsequently decides that the attachment order was wrongly issued, a timely refund of any money owed to the Defendant;
- That you will pay all damages caused to the Defendant by any wrongfully issued attachment bond;
- That you will pay all and any damages which may occur to the Sheriff, who is following your instructions.
According to the same statute, the amount of the surety bond will be no more than twice the value of the claimed items to be attached.
Qualifying and the Premium
Our agency offers you the Missouri attachment bond in the amount that the court requires of you. Up to a $100,000 surety bond requirement, we also do so without a credit check inquiry.
A Missouri plaintiff’s attachment bond greater than $100,000 is subject to further review by a surety bond underwriter. This review will include a credit check inquiry. To be approved, good credit is required.
You may also be asked to provide additional information as a condition of approval.
But for any Missouri writ of attachment bond, our agency will need the following from you:
- A copy of the court order stating that an attachment surety bond is required. In lieu of the same, a letter from your legal counsel which the same on attorney letterhead;
- A completed surety bond application. Our agency will provide the application to you via Docusign. This will allow you to complete, sign, and return your application to our agency electronically;
- Review of your completed application according to, in large measure, the amount required of you;
- Upon approval of your application, payment of the premium.
Issuing Your Bond; Filing
Your Missouri attachment bond is issued to you immediately upon payment of the premium. Included with your bond will be a Power of Attorney form. Once received by mail, you’ll sign your bond as Principal, filing it along with the Power of Attorney form to the presiding court.
Our agency will not need a copy of your filed surety bond.
Annual Renewal of the Premium
The premium for your Missouri attachment bond is subject to annual renewals on the anniversary of your bond’s issuing date for as long as the court requires surety.
Premiums paid are earned in full and are not subject to full or partial refunds.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bonds-only agency which provides license and permit, court, probate, and other surety bonds in Missouri and all 50 states.
Please call our agency today at:
Or, you may fill out the form below and a Surety Agent will contact you…