Home Care Organization Bond | AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
California Home Care Organization Bond/ California Home care Dishonesty Bond
The California Home Care Organization Bond is a type of “dishonesty bond” required by the Home Care Services Consumer Protection Act.
This Act was enacted as legislation in 2013 by then California Governor Edmund Brown.
This surety bond is for companies which provide home care services. The bond is for a minimum amount of $10,000.
Besides obtaining a minimum $10,000 surety bond, California home care organizations must also:
- Maintain a liability insurance police in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence, and $3,000,000 per aggregate
Regarding this latter, whereas the surety bond of $10,000 protects consumers from acts of dishonesty, criminal negligence, and other acts of malfeasance by the home care company or its employees, the liability insurance policy is purchased directly for the protection of the home care company itself.
A home care dishonesty surety bond, therefore, protects the public from wrongful acts by a California home care organization.
California home care organizations must also:
- Maintain and provide to the California Secretary of State proof of an active workers’ compensation policy.
- Have owners of the home care organization undergo and pass a background check.
- Renew their home care license every two years.
According to this Act, employees of home care organizations who provide services to clients must:
- Have two hours of training regarding their roles and duties as a home care provider;
- Have three hours of safety training for emergency procedures;
- In addition to the above, 5 hours annually of additional training to include information on clients’ rights and safety; detecting and preventing abuse and neglect [italicize AmeriPro Surety Bonds]; assisting clients with hygiene and health needs
Employees must also be tested for and not have tuberculosis.
Getting your California home care dishonesty bond
AmeriPro Surety Bonds will work with you to quickly obtain your $10,000 California home care dishonesty bond.
The California home care organization dishonesty bond is an “Instant Issue” surety bond. This means that once the application has been completed, and the premium, ($100) paid, the bond is issued to you that moment by AmeriPro Surety Bonds
Once issued, you will need to file the bond with the California Secretary of State, and pay any required filing fees before operating as a home care agency.
About AmeriPro Surety Bonds
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bond-only agency which provides license & permit, contract, court, and fiduciary surety bonds in all 50 states.
Call us today at 844-589-9732