AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732 | California Nurses Registry Surety Bond
Nurses in California have licensing requirements which are regulated by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
There are several different pathways to becoming a nurse in California:
- There is the ADN (Associates Degree in Nursing). This takes a period of 2 to 3 years to complete.
- One can also obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). This is a degree in nursing which takes 4 years to complete.
- There is the ELM (Entry Level Masters Program) in nursing. This is for those who wish to become a nurse and who already have a BA degree in another field. This degree takes 1 to 2 years to complete.
- There is the LVN (Licensed Vocational Nurse) option. This option takes 18-24 months to complete and is a career ladder to ultimately becoming a RN (registered nurse); however, this licensing designation is usually not valid outside of California.
- If you are a military corpsman and have the relevant experience in nursing, California law allows you to apply for RN designation.
This along with more detailed information are found on the California Board of Registered Nursing website.
California nurses are required to purchase a surety bond? Yes; they are.
Nurses in California are required to post a surety bond for $3,000 and have the bond registered with the California Secretary of State in order to work as a registered nurse. California nurses are also required to pay an additional $30 filing fee to have the bond registered with the Secretary of State.
What is a Nurses registry bond for and who does it protect?
A nurses registry surety bond is not a liability policy for nurses. In fact, the bond doesn’t protect nurses at all. This surety bond is required to protect the public from wrongful or negligent acts which a nurse may commit in the performance of nursing duties.
California Nurses Registry Bond: Instant Issue
AmeriPro Surety Bonds offers the California nurses registry bond as an “instant issue” surety bond.
Instant Issue means that you merely fill out our application and pay the premium fee of $175. This bond is immediately thereafter issued to you for filing with the Secretary of State.
There is no underwriting or credit check involved in the purchase of a California nurses registry bond. This bond is issued for a period of 2 years. Thereafter, it must be renewed.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds
Besides California nurses registry bonds, AmeriPro Surety Bonds offers contract, court, commercial and fiduciary bonds of all types and in all 50 states.
Contact AmeriPro Surety Bonds today for your California nurses registry bond today: