California Talent Agency Bond |
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
UPDATE: MAY 2019; Better pricing: Please see below!
In California, talent agencies are regulated by the California Department of Industrial Relations.
To become duly licensed as a talent agency, one must be licensed by the department and meet a number of conditions.
Owners of a California talent agency must:
- Provide an affidavit of character which is attested to by two people;
- Provide their personal job history;
- Submit to a background check via Live Scan;
- Have a certificate of workers’ compensation insurance;
- Provide a copy of their driver license or ID card;
- Be able to certify that their business is located in a safe building;
- Provide copies of the type of organization of the talent agency business (i.e. LLC, corporation);
- Provide a fee schedule for services to be rendered;
- Pay a licensing fee of $225, plus $50 for each place where a talent agency is located.
Besides these, according to the Department of Industrial Relations website, the department reserves the right to request and require additional information at its discretion.
Finally, a California talent agency must also post a $50,000 surety bond with the department office “payable to the people of the state of California.”
California talent agency surety bond
A California talent agency surety bond is required to be posted by a talent agency to protect against unlawful, fraudulent, malicious, willfully negligible and criminal acts committed by a talent agency against clients.
This surety bond, then, is neither protection nor an insurance policy for the talent agency.
The bond, rather, serves as a guarantee that the talent agency will abide by all California legal statutes and regulations in their dealings with clients.
The cost of the $50,000 Talent agency surety bond
While a talent agency bond is for $50,000, you will pay only a fraction of that amount for this surety bond.
The amount you pay will be determined by your credit history.
Applicants with excellent credit may pay as little as 1% for this surety bond, or $500!
Applicants with lower credit scores will pay more; however, AmeriPro Surety Bonds works with customers who have challenged credit issues to get you the best price.
Please do not be hesitant to contact our office at all, regardless of your personal credit circumstance.
UPDATE MAY 2019: AmeriPro Surety Bonds now offers this California talent agency bond without a credit check. This bond, which renews annually, may be prepaid up to 3 years which offers a savings over year-to-year renewal of your bond.
Pricing is as follows:
- $500, if paid for 1 year;
- $900 if prepaid for 2 years;
- $1300 if prepaid for 3 years.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds:
AmeriPro Surety Bonds provides all types of license and permit, court, commercial, and contract bonds in all 50 states.