California Talent Agency Bond |
AmeriPro Surety Bonds | 844-589-9732
UPDATE: MAY 2019; Better pricing: Please see below!
Qualifying and the Premium
The California talent agency bond is issued to you immediately after completion of an application — which we’ll take from you over the phone — and payment of the $500 premium. There is no credit inquiry nor review by an underwriter for this bond.
Once the bond has been issued, a copy can also be emailed to you. It is the original bond, along with the Power of Attorney and notarized signature (from our agency) that you’ll need to provide to the state for compliance.
Additionally, we now also offer you the ability to prepay this bond for up to 3 years. Prepayment of your premium, while entirely your decision, lengthens the time between renewals and saves you over renewing the annual premium.
The prepayment options — and savings — are as follows:
- If prepaid for 2 years, $900, a $100 savings;
- If prepaid for 3 years, $1300, a $200 savings.
California Talent Agencies
In California, talent agencies are regulated by the California Department of Industrial Relations. To become duly licensed as a talent agency, one must be licensed by the department and meet a number of conditions.
Owners of a California talent agency must:
- Provide an affidavit of character which is attested to by two people;
- Provide their personal job history;
- Submit to a background check via Live Scan;
- Have a certificate of workers’ compensation insurance;
- Provide a copy of their driver license or ID card;
- Be able to certify that their business is located in a safe building;
- Provide copies of the type of organization of the talent agency business (i.e. LLC, corporation);
- Provide a fee schedule for services to be rendered;
- Pay a licensing fee of $225, plus $50 for each place where a talent agency is located.
Besides these, according to the Department of Industrial Relations website, the department reserves the right to request and require additional information at its discretion.
Finally, a California talent agency must also post a $50,000 surety bond with the department office “payable to the people of the state of California.”
Purpose of the Surety Bond Requirement
A California talent agency surety bond is required to be posted by a talent agency to protect against unlawful, fraudulent, malicious, willfully negligible and criminal acts committed by a talent agency against clients. This surety bond, then, is neither protection nor an insurance policy for the talent agency.
The bond, rather, serves as a guarantee that the talent agency will abide by all California legal statutes and regulations in their dealings with clients.
AmeriPro Surety Bonds is a surety bonds only agency. We provide license and permit surety bonds throughout the California Republic. Our agency also provides surety bonds nationwide. Please call us today at:
Or, you may fill out the form below and an agent will contact you…
Request a Callback